Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Commitment & Portion Control...A Valuable Lesson

Guess who has officially dropped below their Wedding Weight?! Who knew that just a few weeks of persistant calorie counting & healthy eating could kickstart weight loss? ;] I only find it fighting to post one of my favorites from my bridal session & then one of Clint & I of course! One of the most incredible days of my life...Seriously...



Now onto the good stuff! :]

If there is anything that I have learned over the past five weeks (& ever since I committed to lose weight) is that the sacrifice is always worth it. I have never gone to the gym & regretted it. I have never chosen a healthy meal over an unhealthy one & regretted it. 

The time you take out of your day to go to the gym or to exercise may seem like a large amount of time, but think about the time you spend watching TV, cyber stalking (who are we kidding...we all do it! :]) & sitting on the couch. A mere 45 minutes set aside at least 3 times a week is not a difficult thing. The hardest part about exercise is committing! The last thing I want to do after a long day at work is go to the gym. The moment I walk in the door, I make the decision to immediately put on my gym clothes. As soon as I'm dressed, that is my commitment & I'm out the door!

Clint & I love going on double dates with our family & friends. Therefore, we spend a lot of time researching healthier restaurant or meal options. Our philosophy is if you work hard, save your calories, and earn them, you can eat what you want in moderation. We both have a terrible habit of eating everything that is on the plate, so what I do is split the food into correct portions (because one portion in America could feed a whole tribe of African children!) & then I pack up half of the meal before I even eat anything. That way, I don't feel like I'm wasting half of a plate or food, or feel even the slightest bit of obligation to eat it. Everyone has their own tactic of portion control, but that is by far the easiest way for me, especially when eating out.


What helps you control your portions?

No comments:

Post a Comment