Friday, December 28, 2012

The Holidays are a Beast!

During the holiday season, there is always a struggle between loss & gain. Luckily, I have only taken one small step back. I gained a pound over Christmas break. I had to remind myself of how hard I've worked & how far I've come. Gaining 1 pound isn't the end of the world & I can still try to make my goal of 210 by Mexico, granted I may not reach my goal, but I could still lose 5 pounds! Heck! That's better than nothing!!

Now on to the good stuff! 
As I was perusing Pinterest, I found this awesome article! It's all of the reasons why you may not be losing weight.


It gives tips & ideas for staying on track & not letting yourself plateau! It's also ridiculously enlightening & gives you a mental checklist of how you can improve. 

Here is one of my favorite excerpts from the article!
You Never Indulge
In an otherwise healthy diet, eating a few french fries or a piece of chocolate cake isn't going to ruin your weight-loss goals. A study found that it isn't necessary to up workout intensity the day after a piece of cake and that a daily variance of as much as 600 calories won't reflect on your waistline, as long as you maintain a healthy diet in the long run. 

Don't forget to let yourself have a little fun in your diet & don't let the rules overwhelm you. My philosophy is that you can have it if you earn it!

Start 2013 bettering yourself & your eating habits! I've spent the last few weeks compiling a list of New Years Resolutions that I know that I can achieve if I set my mind to it. My next post will be all about how to achieve those goals, so stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment